All South African citizens need to apply for a Schengen visa in order to enter Italy. All applicants must appear in person.
In order to apply for your visa you will need the following support documentation:
- Completed visa form (click here to download the form). ALL questions MUST be answered in full. Applicants must also please sign confirming visa fees are non-refundable.
- Valid original passport with a minimum of three months validity from return date (validity until 6 June 2023). Passport must have a minimum of 2 blank pages (face to face marked “visa”). Visa pages are invalid if stained/damaged by stamps from other pages.
- Photocopy of BIOMETRIC PAGE of passport – preferably in colour.
- Photocopy of any previous SCHENGEN VISAS.
- Photocopy of applicants ID Document (clear copies only please).
- 2 x identical COLOUR passport photographs taken against a white background. (Must not be older than 30 days) Size: 45mm x 35mm (please do not wear a white or light coloured shirt/top when having the photos done, no smiling, no headgear etc.).
- Full itinerary – to be provided by Tourvest Travel Services.
- Copies or airline tickets – to be provided by Tourvest Travel Services.
- Confirmation of accommodation – to be provided by Tourvest Travel Services.
- Employment letter – to be provided by African Bank Human Resources.
- Travel insurance – to be provided by Tourvest Travel Services.
- Proof of funds: Latest 3 months bank statements or credit card statements or forex receipt (full name of applicant must appear). Minimum of 30 euros per day to reflect.
- A recent utility bill, bank statement or telephone account from the last 3 months that features the name of applicant and the physical address. Title Deeds and Lease Agreements can also be supplied as proof of residence. If residing with a 3rd party, please attach to the proof of residence, a copy of their I.D. as well as a signed letter confirming that you reside with them.
Should you be holding a foreign passport, please contact Marcelle Swart (Marcelle.firstname.lastname@example.org) for requirements pertaining to foreign passport holders.
Once you have all your documentation together, please email this to Marcelle Swart (Marcelle.email@example.com). A representative from Visas Unlimited will contact you to make an appointment for you to submit your application in person at the lodging centre, most convenient to you. There are lodging centres in Johannesburg, Pretoria and Durban.